What have we been doing this week?
This week we have been shopping in our Safari shop and using coins to buy some items. We have been learning to identify coins, find totals and also give change. We have taken part in a treasure hunt to look for different types of coins by following clues.
In literacy we have been planning a design for a jungle jeep. We have also been thinking and writing about what we would take into the jungle with us and why.
We have continued our work on reflecting upon our time in Year 1, and have been using the iPads to create a pic collage all about Year 1 to share with the children in reception during our class assembly this week.
We have been very busy getting ready for our final assembly of Year 1. Both classes have performed an assembly all about their time in Year 1 and have shared their hopes and dreams for Year 2.
What will we be doing next week?
* Writing 'thank you' letters to Chester Zoo
* Writing letters to our new teacher to tell them all about us
* Re-ordering jumbled up letters
* Following our designs to make our jungle jeep
* Make a poster to raise awareness about endangered animals
* Re-capping maths skills that we've covered this year