What have we been doing this week?
We have had a very exciting week! We all had a great day at Chester Zoo on Thursday (see slideshow above). We enjoyed wandering around looking at the different types of animals living at the zoo, a talk all about life processes, and even a play on the new adventure playground!
This week in literacy we have been reflecting upon our time in Year 1. We've been sharing our opinions on what we've enjoyed the most and improved the most, as well as sharing our dreams for Year 2.
We have also completed a piece of writing to go alongside our 3D jungle animal models. We've researched our animal, written a few facts about them and explained how we made them.
In maths we have been working on subtraction.
What will we be doing next week?
* Writing all about our trip to Chester Zoo.
* Writing a book review of 'The Jungle Book'.
* Counting in steps of 2, 5, and 10.
* Using oil pastels to create artwork of a tiger in a jungle.
* Locating and labeling rainforests on a world map.
* Learning to name animal body parts in welsh.
* Creating jungle animal movement sequences in PE
* Reading the story of 'How Mrs Monkey missed the Ark' and making comparisons to Noah's Ark.
With the weather set to be very warm next week, please make sure your child has sun cream on every morning (the 'once' a day types are great!), as well as a sun hat and a water bottle in school.