Hello to all our soon to be year 1 children! Can you believe we have made it to the summer holidays?! It has been a strange year but one to remember. We are SO PROUD of each and every single one of you - we have so many wonderful memories to remember of our time in reception together. A very big thank you to all your grown ups for all your kind words, cards and gifts that we have received, and an even bigger thank you for all the support we have had over the course of the year. It has been a privilege to teach the children and know they will continue to impress next year. Have a wonderful summer all of you! A very sad goodbye from Miss Roberts too - I’ll miss you all so much next year!
Lots of love from Miss Roberts, Mrs Jones, Mrs Lacey, Mrs Jones and Mr Manford xxx
Reception classes learning activities for long distance learning at home.
Remember that even though you may not be attending school, we would still love to know what you are up to every day! Please feel free to email us pictures of what you have been up to; or if you have any questions please contact us on the following email addresses:
We will be available between the hours of 8.30 and 4.30 every school day.
Whilst it is important to try and help your child with their learning, we appreciate that this is an exceptionally difficult time for everybody, so our main priority is that your child is safe and happy at home. We encourage child led learning as part of our curriculum, so would love you to give your children some time each day to use the toys, art materials, blocks, puzzles and games they have at home as they see fit! We will upload daily literacy, phonics and numeracy activities for children to complete. We will also give ideas for creative activities, and encourage you where possible to support your children in learning ‘life skills’ and developing independence, whether that be helping prepare meals, doing the dishes, helping with chores and cleaning, gardening, washing the car...the list is endless!
As said above, if there’s anything you need, please send us a message.
- Reading (your school book or a book of your choice from home)
- Practicing your letter sounds and high frequency words in your learning log - if you can read them all can you spell them?
- Counting forwards and backwards from different numbers. (if you really want to impress your grown ups you can practice counting in steps of 2s, 5s and 10s!)
- Planting and looking after your sunflower seed (these were put in report envelopes), you can even draw a picture once a week of what you can see!
- Playing in the garden (when the weather permits!) and getting out of the house for a little walk around the block (if and when grown ups working hours allow this!)
- Daily PE sessions at 9am with ‘The Body Coach’ Joe Wicks (Joe will be broadcasting daily 30 minute sessions from his YouTube channel - search and subscribe to ‘The Body Coach TV’ on YouTube to take part!)
- Daily Read Write Inc sessions at 9.30 am (repeated at 12.30) with Ruth Miskin training - search and subscribe to Ruth Miskin Training on YouTube for live streaming.
- Oti Mabuse (dancer on Strictly and judge on Got To Dance) is doing Facebook live dance classes for kids daily at 11.30 (she is also doing beginner adult ones at 19.30 if grown ups are interested!), like her page on Facebook - Oti Mabuse - for more information.