We have been learning all about Humpty Dumpty this week! Some of the things we have been up to include:
- Acting out the story.
- Using prepositional language to put Humpty Dumpty in different places.
- Solving the crime of ‘who pushed Humpty Dumpty?’ (It was the Queen not Miss Roberts despite what some children thought!) We investigated the crime scene and listened to interview recordings.
- Counting how many pieces Humpty had broken into and ordering numbers.
- Thinking of ways to keep Humpty safe and entertained in the outdoor area.
- Showing Humpty how to be careful and not fall in our gymnastics session.
A brilliant end to a super first half term in reception - the children have all made excellent progress and should be very proud of themselves! Have a great half term everyone!
This week we have been using lots of digital devices in our learning as part of DCF (digital competency) week. We have:
- Collected data in different ways and presented it in pictograms.
- Written about who we would like to go on a London bus with.
- Programmed the Bee-Bot to travel around London.
- Tested different materials to see which would be best to rebuild London Bridge.
- Made crowns fit for a queen or king!
- Enjoyed a performance from the Pop Project.
- Rewritten the ‘Wheels on the Bus’ to be all about London and stood in front of the blue screen to record our own music video!
A super week as always - gwych!
Possibly our busiest week yet so far learning all about Harvest and the ‘Dingle Dangle Scarecrow’... Diolch yn fawr iawn for all the donations to our Harvest appeal! Some of the things we have been up to:
- Making Harvest vegetable soup - blasus iawn!
- Learning ‘The Little Red Hen’ story and writing about our favourite part.
- Continuing repeating patterns, and making our own using the vegetable stamps and paint.
- Sorting the farm food into different food groups.
- Making our dingle dangle scarecrow models.
- Wearing yellow and thinking about what makes us feel happy on World Mental Health day.
- Using the scoops and balls to complete farm themed tasks in PE, and also doing some farm yoga!
Very proud of the progress the children are making - ardderchog pawb!
Some of the things we have been up to this week include:
- Making concertina leg spiders.
- Hunting for spiders and other mini beasts in our ‘spider land’.
- Hunting for real life spiders and webs and collecting ‘spiders legs’ (twigs and sticks) to make our very own clay spiders in Forest schools.
- Showing the value of numbers in different ways, and becoming more familiar with the Numicon resource.
- Practicing spotting initial sounds and spelling and writing CVC words.
- Laerning how to write the letter ‘l’ with Lily the Lion.
- Making posters to show how to play on the playground.
Miss Roberts is very proud of how hard we are all working - da iawn pawb!
Some of the things we have been up to this week...
- Gone on a shape hunt around school, making Pic Collages using the iPads.
- Experimented with mixing oil and colours to make twinkly star galaxies.
- Practised our cutting skills and made shape space rockets to stick on our twinkly star galaxies.
- Wrote about who is a star (a special person) in our lives.
- Learnt about Tommy the Tiger and written the letter ‘t’.
- Made twinkle twinkle little star wands and aliens in the play dough during our independent time.
We have worked very hard this week! We have been...
- Learning about our letter of the week ‘j’ and using initial sounds to play a bingo game.
- Practicing reading and writing our numbers, and sorting Old MacDonalds animals in different ways.
- Going on a Forest school walk, exploring all the school grounds, singing nursery rhymes and meeting the school chickens!
- Made handprint animals for Old MacDonalds farm.
- Taken part in a Jack and Jill challenge, moving the water to the pails using different resources.
- Played farm games and took part in a barn dance during PE sessions.
The children have worked very hard - bendigedig pawb!
A very busy week for our first full week in reception! Some of the things we have been up to:
- Learning all about Iggy and the letter 'i'.
- Writing and reading our numbers to 10.
- Singing 'The Grand Old Duke of York', making a soldier jigsaw, a moving army model and doing army soldier training on the yard!
- Explored the other reception classroom, being able to 'freeflow' between the two classes in the afternoon.
Da iawn dosbarth 2! A super week!