This week has been Humanities Focus Week, and in Year 1 we have been learning all about France.
We have taken part in lots of fun learning activities including:
Taste testing French foods and sharing our opinions (brie, pate, croissants, brioche, garlic bread)
Looking at famous landmarks in France, specifically the Eiffel Tower and the Notre Dame
Singing French songs
Creating Eiffel Tower models using art straws
We have also continued our topic work on 'Stomp in the Swomp' and have been:
Creating lost posters for Harry's dinosaurs using 'Pic Collage' on the iPads.
Re-telling and ordering the story of 'Harry and the Bucketful of Dinosaurs'.
Using cubes/rulers to measure the length/height of dinosaur figures
Don't forget, next Thursday 5th October we have Forest Schools. Please come to school wearing appropriate, warm clothing and wellies in a bag. Please also remember to bring your uniform in a bag with your name on to change into.
Here's a preview of some of the activities we'll be doing next week...
* hot-seating characters from 'Harry and the Dinosaurs' and responding to questions in role
* re-telling and sequencing the 'Harry and the Dinosaurs' books
* partitioning two digit numbers into tens and units
* making dinosaur fossils using mod roc
* making dinosaurs using paint handprints
* creating our own piece of Jurassic Park music
* reading information about dinosaurs' diets
* sorting dinosaurs into herbivores, carnivores and omnivores
* learning the names of foods in Welsh
* finding out about Christian churches